Monday, June 23, 2008

Security at Hyderabad Airport

I had the opportunity to go to the new Hyderabad International Airport - named as Rajiv Gandhi International Airport at Shamshabad, 30 KM from the city on Friday night as I had to drop off my brother who is leaving for Netherlands.

The Airport is awesome - one of the best in the world, developed by New Delhi based GMR Group at a record speed. The 4 lane road connecting the Airport to National Highway to Bangalore, NH7 is mind blowing. Huge parking lot and the elevators or the escalators are world class.


But, what has baffled me is the lack of security arrangements. This is something that has really concerned me. We could able to take our car directly inside the main airport building without anyone checking it. If you just want to drop off someone at the airport, we need not park in the parking lot. We can directly drive inside the terminal building, drop the passenger off (we can park our car there inside till someone asks us to move it) and then head straight Home without paying the Rs.70 parking fees.

I parked the car for almost 15 minutes without anyone checking or asking me to move it out. In this time of Jehadi Terrorism and Hyderabad already facing lot of bomb blasts from Islamic Terrorism, I think our police is just waiting for another bomb blast. Anyone planning a co-ordinated car bomb blast can bring down the entire terminal building of the airport.

I think it is high time our guys learn their lessons. It is great to see the airport maintained and kept very clean but Security is something that cannot be overlooked.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home